Women usually own a thousand types of tops, blouses and dresses of varying styles and patterns. Perhaps it is also important to stock up different types and styles of underwear. This intimate clothing is paid the least attention to. It is important to have varying styles of panties and underwear for different types of clothing and occasions. There are a plethora of things to look out for while making a decision to buy underwear, from the different types available, that provides comfort and suits your taste and style.
Types of Women’s Underwear
Here are a few types of women’s underwear that you should know about:
- Briefs – Briefs are generally known as ‘granny panties’ but they make the ideal option for women’s everyday essential. Briefs provide full-coverage to the region. While normal briefs sit a little below or on the hips, high waisted briefs go up to the belly button. Briefs are not the sexiest of options available but they are super soft and mega comfortable.
- Thongs – Thongs are known for their sexy connotation and thus they are one of the most sought-after undies amongst the women despite thongs being a dubious option for everyday use. However, they do make women forget about their panty lines visibility. This means they do provide no coverage to the butt. Pairing your bodycon dresses or any fitted bottoms with thongs under it, then you are simply going to rock it. It is good to have at least of this sexy silhouette.
- Boy shorts – Boy shorts are the female version of men’s boxers. This is one of the modest options available since this rectangular silhouette perfectly covers up the booty, the front and the sides and goes down a little below the hips. However, they are super comfortable to wear.
- Bikini – A bikini panty is between a thong and a regular brief, lending right amount of coverage along with a sexy appeal. They are high cut leg line and back coverage is provided with the waistband that sits in the hips.
- Hip huggers or hipsters – Hipsters are a combination of boy shorts and bikinis. They have a waistband that rests around or a little below the hips. With bikini-like holes and good coverage, they can be worn underneath any ensemble and are ideal for women who like bikini style for everyday use.
These are the different types of women’s underwear available in different patterns that every woman should pile up in their closet.